About Izzy Tappan-deFrees:
I have successfully run BuddyBarber as a home-visit grooming business since November 2011.
I became a Certified Professional Groomer via the hands-on intensive apprentice program at
the Massachusetts Academy of Canine Cosmetology.
I followed that with a year of additional training from champion groomer Julie Wilkins Pantages.
My life path experience includes:
* Business professionalism gained through 26 years as an IT professional and manager in the book publishing industry.
* Small business organization and continuous improvement skills gained through 20+ years as a musician and non-profit organizer
– named as permanent Honorary Member of the New England Brass Band for years of service.
* Hand/Eye tool coordination and artistic eye gained through 10+ years of training in wood carving, wood turning and thrown pottery.
* Compassionate Care-giving and appreciation of others honed through a life interest in spirituality and practiced via:
– Magna Cum Laude degree in Comparative Religion from Boston University (1984).
– 15+ year active member of First Parish Watertown and lifelong Unitarian-Universalist.
– Lived 5 months in Chennai, India in 2011.
– Lived one year in Hirakata-Shi, Japan in 1984.
– Devoted pet owner and life-long lover of animals.
– Dedicated spouse and mother.